Thursday, October 06, 2005

Unsure

I am not sure whether to post information about the Brown House here, or on the Ithaka place or the Donkey yard. I don't plan to take the girls to the wake. Until I understand better how this works I will hope the Tour Guide will repost or direct us to the right place.

Here is some information about us.

I have a better backpack for this adventure, but also an old gunnie sack with three pockets. This will work because I am going to carry three special people with me on this trip. We play an old board game called "Uncle Wiggly" and they think it is going to be like that. They like playing "make believe", but don't understand that you are all adults. Sometimes I have to tell them what your names mean, or help them look it up in the dictionary. This is a game too.

These three girls are my friends. I work at a small house set up for Developmentally Disabled Adults. Since they are over 16 they are not available for child service support, but can go to a Work Center everyday except Sunday. They could live in a group home, but their fathers all wanted something more "homey" (sp). They are all in Iraq right now and one of them had this large home and let the other girls move in. I am both a social worker and a substitute teacher, so I get paid a little bit over room and board. Another woman shares the long hours and all day Sunday, but doesn't like computers. I call them girls even though they are 17, 22, and 28 years old. Emotionally they are much younger, but capable enough to use the bus system and help cook and clean their rooms.

Together they decided to use "game pieces" for this trip. They will be gem stones and played a game to decide what to be. They are Coral, Jade and 'quoise. That way I can carry them on this trip without you knowing they have snuck along. However, Fran has now offered us a cart with donkeys to help on the journey, so them hiding out. They are not afraid of people, but sometimes give more affection than others are willing to deal with.

Nessie



More later.

2 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Fran said...

The secretary notes: We will have suitable cart ready for your charges when you require it. I shall have two of our most reliable donkeys, Augustus and Maya prepared to take them. Remember that our donkeys, and the cart have wings and are capable of short flights if necessary. Your charges may enjoy feeding the apples. Yours, The Union Secretary

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Traveller said...

thank you for posting this Nessie. Now I know who the girls are - I wish you all bon voyage and god speed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home