Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Door in Front of Me - Alexandra Roman


The door in front of me

My bags are in my hand as I stare at the door in front of me.
What would she say?
Will she give me a warm welcome as I make my way through?
Or will she laugh at me? Of that I’m certain she won’t do.
It was a long trip from home to this place.
The road seemed endless but the sites where beautiful.
It definitely was worth it!
For I feel full of magic since I got in the bus.
I stare at the door in front of me,
Wondering if she will open her heart for me.
What wonderful things and experiences lay beyond her?
What is waiting for me behind her wooden skeleton?
I take a deep breath as I see the Enchantress passing by.
“Everything all right my dear?” She asks.
“Yes” I answer.
She smiles and keeps walking with her own bags on her hand.
I stare at the door in front of me once more and lay my bags on the floor.
Full of wonder I walk towards it, trembling a little.
My right hand slowly rises to grab the iron curvy handle of the old wooden door.
Its surface is cold and smooth.
I smile for I have made it this far with out being struck by lighting.
My thumb finds its way to the bolt pressing it down.
I hear the unlocking of the old door and I feel its love flowing through my fingers.
It is exhilarating!
I breathe deeply as I pull the handle towards me and the door gives away.
It is not heavy as I though but light as a feather.
Then suddenly silence.
As I open it all is in silence, not even the birds are singing for they are all waiting in expectation of what will happen between me and the old door.
A smooth country breeze caresses my face.
I take a look to what lies behind the door and smile full of joy contemplating the splendors that are in front of me.



Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home