Saturday, August 13, 2005

I think I knew my guide - Lois Daley

As I walked just a little way into the grotto with my branch before me brushing away pebbles on the ground I felt it was getting lighter and the darkness seemed left behind......It was as if she appeared from nowhere ..A tiny figure in a long brown dress with a high collar lightly beaded ,done up with tiny pearl buttons ,long sleeves also beaded at the wrist...her hair was rolled in curls around her tiny face ,big brown eyes ,small nose ,high cheekbones ......
I knew her face but where from....she smiled and said "Lois I have been wanting to meet you for such a long time " She extended her tiny hand to me and as I clasped it ,it was warm but firm.."Follow me ,this way" I don,t want to lose you again" Again I thought what does she mean.
We walked hand in hand along the low roofed cave,we did not need to lower our heads as we were both quite short under 5 ft.I had never felt so comfortable with anyone as I was with this tiny woman.
The air became sweeter and the darkness was behind us..it was not quite light and as I looked up I could see cracks in the top of the cave that were letting in an extraordinary amount of light...As I looked it became brighter as if by magic.
We entered,still hand in hand into a small room containing a bed from large stone slabs with a blankets made from the skin of perhaps a huge bear or wolf or similar,one on the bottom one on the top.A small flat rock made up to be a table was beside the bed ,grapes,oranges,nuts,and a vegetable I did not recognise and a pail of water.....Now she said "You must rest till the morning as you look very weary"She took my hand and kissed my fingers gently,I rushedto see where she had gone ,but she had disappeared.
I was tired as she had said.....I ate ,lay down on the bed pulled the animal skin over me and went to sleep......
I had a dream that night.....The tiny woman who had guided me safely to my bed and who I felt I knew ,someone I had never met but someone who's photo is on my mantlepiece at my home in Port Melbourne......She was my Grandmother Maria Sophia Craske called Sophie for short....BUT...
I was never to meet her as she died in 1929 and I was born in 1936 to her Daughter Jessie Georgina ....She was the enchantress's guiding light who had come for me when I was in need of an angel to find my way and to rest my body.......I did dream this,I did,but it was so real ,was it really her ,will I ever know for sure. I knew I would not meet her again her mission was done....she had come back just for me .....I slept the sleep of sleeps,happy in the knowledge that I had had a wonderful experience ,one I could or would not share with strangers..only those who travel the path with me,.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home