Thursday, August 11, 2005

Vista beyond the Door - Megan Warren


The Guide

Mysterious woman
shrouded in
emerald green
robes
hooded
her features
obscured
she carries a
lantern
a beacon
to light
her path …
and mine.




There is something about my guide that is familiar. I can’t put my finger on it. There is something about her that reminds me of myself. She has kept herself shrouded in her robes, her hood drawn down over her face. When speaking to me she has spoken in mellow tones and she has kept her head bowed to avoid eye contact.

I am thinking that perhaps a previous or future incarnation of me may have been sent to the grotto to guide me in my self-exploration.

I have settled in my quarters. I am intrigued by the identity of the mysterious woman who was my guide. She led me to my quarters, advising that all I required for my stay had been provided for; she would leave me to acquaint myself with my quarters. She said before leaving “We hope that you enjoy your stay at Grotto della Sibilla and that it is beneficial to you in some way. I will return to accompany you on a tour of the grotto. Keep the key that has been provided for you. It is yours to keep.” With that she turned and left.

The lodgings are certainly well appointed; it is more like a modern apartment, with a bedroom, bathroom and living room. The living room is equipped with a desk and all the art supplies that I will possibly need. My laptop is on the desk and my books are on the shelves. There is even a couch for lounging on.

No wonder Heather said to pack light, everything I need is here and it is mine!
If only I could live like this. I am going to run myself a bath and relax. Oh, there is a box of chocolates on the table, nothing like a bath and chocolates – I could get used to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home