Monday, October 10, 2005

Here I am...

I approach the Enchantress' Cave, weary and dusty from my long trek. It's a good weariness though, one that satisfies the physical as well as the mental needs of the body. I chose to walk rather than ride because I wanted to feel Mother Earth breathing beneath my feet. I felt as one with her as I walked through the woods and strolled across meadows sprinkled liberally with wild flowers of all varieties. Such a difference from a brief trip I made recently when I drove many miles to the State of Minnesota. Locked away inside a steel enclosure with the scenery flashing by at breakneck speed doesn't do it for me, though it is sometimes a necessity when time is calling the shots.

The dust fell away and the weariness vanished when I saw the Enchantress waiting to welcome me and any other travelers who might happen along. I know there are many like me who, having taken different trails, will end up here for a well earned rest before proceeding to BabaYaga's hut.

The enchantress is a welcoming sight as she stands there at the cave entrance ready to check me in. Her ivory gown shimmers in the morning sunlight … her eyes are bright, and the breeze ruffles her reddish hair. She embraces me and invites me to enter and join the others who are waiting. I am ready now for good company and conversation. We all have stories to share about our varied experiences on the trail. It's at times like this that I appreciate all the good that life has to offer.

Vi

2 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Wonderful post Vi and wonderful comment Nessie and girls. Mother Earth is a great gift.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger jane said...

I have been lost in the tangled underbush of reality for so long I had lost the path to my otherworlds until after mionths of struggling with the google monster I stumbled on to the path that edd to the cave. I see Vi in front of the entrance but stay hidden, not to disturb her emotions, but witnessing her I feel some of the old joy returning. Lemuria seemed so far away. Shall I enter too. Perhaps nmot yet. I know know the path. Lemuria and Philo must not be too far away. I do need some nurishment and support first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home