Monday, October 10, 2005

Here I am...

I approach the Enchantress' Cave, weary and dusty from my long trek. It's a good weariness though, one that satisfies the physical as well as the mental needs of the body. I chose to walk rather than ride because I wanted to feel Mother Earth breathing beneath my feet. I felt as one with her as I walked through the woods and strolled across meadows sprinkled liberally with wild flowers of all varieties. Such a difference from a brief trip I made recently when I drove many miles to the State of Minnesota. Locked away inside a steel enclosure with the scenery flashing by at breakneck speed doesn't do it for me, though it is sometimes a necessity when time is calling the shots.

The dust fell away and the weariness vanished when I saw the Enchantress waiting to welcome me and any other travelers who might happen along. I know there are many like me who, having taken different trails, will end up here for a well earned rest before proceeding to BabaYaga's hut.

The enchantress is a welcoming sight as she stands there at the cave entrance ready to check me in. Her ivory gown shimmers in the morning sunlight … her eyes are bright, and the breeze ruffles her reddish hair. She embraces me and invites me to enter and join the others who are waiting. I am ready now for good company and conversation. We all have stories to share about our varied experiences on the trail. It's at times like this that I appreciate all the good that life has to offer.

Vi

3 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Nessie said...

Our "crew" discussed the line "I chose to walk rather than ride because I wanted to feel Mother Earth breathing beneath my feet. I felt as one with her as I walked through the woods and strolled across meadows sprinkled liberally with wild flowers of all varieties." -- especially in light of the earthquakes.

Each was able to give an example of how maybe the earth is upset about the way that people treat her. The had all heard the term "Mother Earth" before but the idea of "breathing" was new and exciting. I will look for chances to touch on this theme again.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Wonderful post Vi and wonderful comment Nessie and girls. Mother Earth is a great gift.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger jane said...

I have been lost in the tangled underbush of reality for so long I had lost the path to my otherworlds until after mionths of struggling with the google monster I stumbled on to the path that edd to the cave. I see Vi in front of the entrance but stay hidden, not to disturb her emotions, but witnessing her I feel some of the old joy returning. Lemuria seemed so far away. Shall I enter too. Perhaps nmot yet. I know know the path. Lemuria and Philo must not be too far away. I do need some nurishment and support first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home